NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Lead Infrastructure Engineer to support our DOD (Department of Defense) contract, working in Huntsville, AL to support our team in Huntsville, AL. The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be a key team member on this highly visible, critical program and will be joining a team of highly respected technical professionals. The NetCentrics team is not your average team, and we are definitely not your average company. We do mission critical work, we value our people, and we demonstrate it every day. Come talk to us and learn more.
- Provide management and direction with in Microsoft-centric infrastructure.
- Identify operational best practices and effectively communicate the recommendation to all levels of the organization
- Decompose complex technical systems into foundational components
- Analytical approach to solve complex problems in a complex, large-scale, and multi-datacenter environments
- Promote a collaborative environment and bring a positive attitude to difficult situations
- Triage work and balance short term wins with long term solutions
- Support and build an enterprise level infrastructure including developing processes to sustain the services 24x7
- Gather and scrutinize data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Provide senior level knowledge of network management tools that are used in the enterprise for routine monitoring, performance analysis, and crisis management.
- Have or be able to obtain a standard VMware certification within 6 months of employment (VCP-DCV 5 or 6)
- Strong VMware experience required (3+ years minimum)
- 3 + years of experience using and troubleshooting ESXi (CLI)
- Knowledge of Microsoft enterprise server and networking technologies, including domain, Active Directory, OU, GPO, AD Federation Services, IIS, Hyper-V, and System Center Suite
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft products including: Windows Server, SQL Server and IIS
- Knowledge of enterprise security services and techniques, including identity and access management, network security, host security, and risk frameworks
- Knowledge of enterprise IT services and technologies, including networking systems and protocols, directory services, configuration management, and cloud platforms
- Working knowledge of vSphere PowerCLI, SAN, and simple Scripting ability
- Knowledge of and experience with: IBM ProtecTIER Installation, configuration and operations support with NetBackup integration
- Experience with INFINIDAT data support systems
- Preference will be given to those with experience with Hitachi System Storage Administration and Sun Systems Storage Administration.
- This position is open only to candidates with a minimum of a Secret Clearance
As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- MA/MS with 10 + years of experience or BA/BS with 12 years
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.