NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret DOD security clearance. Supports 24x7x365 (non-business hours provided on a call back basis) availability, troubleshooting, and tuning to ensure acceptable response times. Database Administration support in the form of advice and troubleshooting is provided to a wide range of individuals including customers, end users, programmers and analysts, System and Network Administrators as well as Database Administrators.
- Focus on addressing day-to-day management, support, and troubleshoot problems and take corrective action, coordinate SQL Database Administrator specific technical support as necessary
- Provide database administration support, oversee environment management, monitor database health (e.g. proactive and reactive responses), resource planning, perform database upgrades and patching, provide backup/recovery, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
- Develop and manage daily operational procedures
- Install/tailor new releases of and upgrades or patches to associated database management product software
- Create and maintain database entities, including instances, databases, table spaces, and tables
- Make changes to the structure of database meta data and support any application changes
- Make recommendations of database migration path to insure optimal performance and availability
- Write, modify, and debug database specific SQL and PL/SQL queries
- Where appropriate, coordinate database administration duties with System and Network Administrators to ensure compatibility with hardware and operating systems configurations
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and application interfaces
- Recommend strategies for problem notification and availability reporting in database software and applications
- Assist in developing, backup/recovery, high availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Assist in developing Security strategies consistent with DoD regulations and policies and industry best practices
- Support users, other software teams, and database administrators with problems, projects, and implementations
- Analyze database infrastructure to insure compliance with DoD security standards, database performance considerations, and reverse engineering of existing database environments
- Develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives.
- The SQL Database Administrator shall participate in fault isolation for database systems. When required, develop and submit for approval Configuration Change Management Plans in accordance with DoD JSP standards.
- The SQL Database Administrator shall follow the change management process prescribed by JSP Enterprise Change Management when making all changes to production systems
- Providing Off-hour Support.
- Must have a strong understanding of SQL Server and Oracle technologies
- Must have a Secret clearance and be eligible for TS/SCI clearance
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field and 5 years’ experience or 9 years of related experience
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law