NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is seeking a Field Service Technician II to support services to operate and maintain the information technology networks for the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) at Fort Belvoir and Springfield, VA, INSCOM facilities in the Continental United States (CONUS) and outside CONUS (OCONUS) to include, Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), and MSCs and sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). The support requirements include network operations, operational maintenance, storage management, service desk, information assurance, engineering & installation, application maintenance, web services and communications support for the continued operations and future maintenance of the automated systems necessary to support INSCOM’s missions.
- Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services.
- Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions.
- Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions).
- Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware.
- Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel.
- Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock.
- Provides technical assistance to customers.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology related field.
- Minimum Experience: Six years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration, or combination experience.
- Certification in one of the following: CCNP, CCSP or Security+ certification.
- At least three years of experience managing teams of at least 10 people.
- Has the communication skill to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.