NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is seeking a Senior Database Administrator III to support services to operate and maintain the information technology networks for the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) at Fort Belvoir and Springfield, VA, INSCOM facilities in the Continental United States (CONUS) and outside CONUS (OCONUS) to include, Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), and MSCs and sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). The support requirements include network operations, operational maintenance, storage management, service desk, information assurance, engineering & installation, application maintenance, web services and communications support for the continued operations and future maintenance of the automated systems necessary to support INSCOM’s missions.
- Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s).
- Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database.
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server, SYBASE, and other DBMS Database and Application server administration.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- In addition, directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database.
- Coordinates database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBEs).
- Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views.
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology related field.
- Minimum Experience: Six years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration, or combination experience.
- Certification in one of the following: CCNP, CCSP or Security+ certification.
- At least three years of experience managing teams of at least 10 people.
- Has the communication skill to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.