NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is seeking a System Systems Administrator III to support Services to operate and maintain the information technology networks for the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) at Fort Belvoir and Springfield, VA, INSCOM facilities in the Continental United States (CONUS) and outside CONUS (OCONUS) to include, Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), and MSCs and sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). The support requirements include network operations, operational maintenance, storage management, service desk, information assurance, engineering & installation, application maintenance, web services and communications support for the continued operations and future maintenance of the automated systems necessary to support INSCOM’s missions.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Installs/loads operating system and application software.
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- In addition, provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology related field.
- Minimum Experience: Six years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration, or combination experience.
- Certification in one of the following: CCNP, CCSP or Security+ certification.
- At least three years of experience managing teams of at least 10 people.
- Has the communication skill to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.