NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer III to support services to operate and maintain the information technology networks for the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) at Fort Belvoir and Springfield, VA, INSCOM facilities in the Continental United States (CONUS) and outside CONUS (OCONUS) to include, Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs), and MSCs and sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). The support requirements include network operations, operational maintenance, storage management, service desk, information assurance, engineering & installation, application maintenance, web services and communications support for the continued operations and future maintenance of the automated systems necessary to support INSCOM’s missions.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation.
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans.
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology related field.
- Minimum Experience: Six years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration, or combination experience.
- Certification in one of the following: CCNP, CCSP or Security+ certification.
- At least three years of experience managing teams of at least 10 people.
- Has the communication skill to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.