NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for a Senior AV/VTC Technician to provide daily management of the site VTC and Conference room systems such as scheduling VTC with external sites, problem resolution, and configuring rooms to meet requirements for scheduled conferences. Other duties will include;
- Performs video capturing and transfers video to a media streaming server.
- Performs troubleshooting of VTC and conference room equipment and executes repair or initiates trouble ticket to appropriate office for support of components and connections external to the site VTC system.
- Performs routine performance testing to ensure VTC and other conference room equipment, computer servers, and workstations operate at optimal performance and capacity.
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolations.
- Schedules AV/VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Performs setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provides client consulting and training on contral, interfaces, and use of the audio/ visual and VTC equipment.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC Systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for VTC operations.
- Troubleshoot systems failures and accessibility problems.
- Monitor system performance and track usage.
- Develop and deliver a trend analysis of the system load, usage, and response.
- Perform system security functions (including system security plans).
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
- Operate, schedule, facilitate, and maintain SBU and SECRET common- user VTC Studio; provide common-user VTC Studio: provide interface access for VTC and secure telephone equipment; provide design and installation advice and technical support.
- Operate and maintain a VTC Bridge (switch) within the common-user VTC suite to allow multiple sessions and multiple users per session.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Train other information technology professionals.
- Must have a BA/BS with 5-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent experience.
- Must have 8-10 years of supervisory/ managerial experience commensurate with the position requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Must have a Security+ Certification.
- Must have a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.