NetCentrics, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for results oriented and self-motivated Customer Support technician to support our team in Arlington, Virginia. The Desktop Technician’s role is to provide onsite support and maintenance for high visibility government users, including Presidential appointees and their staff, within the EITSD desktop computing environment. Support includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The Desktop Technician will also troubleshoot problem areas (remotely, in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion. They will provide end-user assistance where required. Support Desktop Technicians work from tickets assigned in the IT Support ticketing system (currently Remedy), e-mails received and phone calls fielded. The Desktop Technician will support a rotational on-call response for after-business-hours issues.
Specific duties include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Support and provide feedback to ensure continual process improvement
- Provide rapid support response for break/fix and requirement requests
- Coordinate and execute IT support for CONUS/OCONUS travel
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing system. Follow established Service Desk processes for ticket management
- Develop and maintain Knowledge Documents (Work Instructions) in accordance with Knowledge Management processes
- Provide Call Center Support using the Avaya Agent
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and associated diagnostic tools to perform remote diagnostics
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and vendors
- COMSEC/TACLANE configuration and troubleshooting familiarity preferred
- Mobile Device configuration and troubleshooting (Blackberry, DMCC, and DMUC devices)
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s with 5-7 years of related experience, Master’s with 3-5 or PhD with 0-2 years (or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s equals 6 years of experience and Master’s equals 9 years)
- CompTIA Security + CE and ITIL Foundation upon hire
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification within 90 days of hire
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) within 90 days of hire
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.