NetCentrics Corporation is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is growing and has a new position for a Training and Development Lead and Corporate Trainer in our Herndon, VA based headquarters! We are looking for a results-oriented, people focused, talent development professional to develop and mature our training and development capabilities and lead the T&D efforts for the organization. This person will report to the Vice-President, Human Resources and will be instrumental in supporting the design, development and facilitation of key training efforts which range from the continuous improvement of employee skills, manager training, compliance training, career development programs and talent and leader development.
The successful candidate must have proven ability to apply adult learning principles to the design, delivery and evaluation phases of training and possess expertise in multiple delivery methods to include instructor-led, e-learning and blended instruction. The Training and Development Lead will apply their creativity and skills to deliver a professional level product. This person will also lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement a Learning Management System to support the company needs. This role will be a differentiator in our delivery of training and development to our staff. This is an exciting opportunity for the individual to help shape Training and Development for NetCentrics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, design and implementation of new and ongoing training and development initiatives and programs to support the development of our employees.
- Create and manage corporate training efforts such as compliance training, manager training, career development program and manager and leader development.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Conduct ongoing training and development needs assessments and align training objectives with overall business goals.
- Leverage instructional design and learning management system knowledge to determine and recommend best practices for meeting organizational and departmental development needs through the creation of dynamic, interactive instructor led and online training for managers and employees.
- Work with subject matter experts and other resources to develop new programs and process documents.
- Manage annual performance evaluation process to include administration in HRIS/LMS, training and materials development. Support managers in the development of their employees through the review process by providing support and instruction in the creation of employee yearly goals, and objectives, tying them to the corporate strategy and through assistance in succession planning.
- Manages process for goal setting for new hires and transfers including training
- Design course materials and curriculums, instructor outlines, quick references, and class exercises. Provide job aids as takeaways for ongoing student application.
- Identify and evaluate external training material or resources to support staff and training needs.
- Track training and skills for staff and department budgets.
- Identify and facilitate internal certification study groups.
- Design and conduct train-the-trainer sessions to expand the transfer of knowledge footprint when necessary.
- Provide relevant training metrics. Perform data analysis, reporting, and draw recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure final project deliverables are the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Communication, Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field; Master’s Degree or related certification preferred
- 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering instructional content in a corporate environment
- Experience managing performance evaluation process
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience, implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in instructional and curriculum design for adult learners
- Previous experience developing and leading Career Development and Leadership Programs preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with eLearning techniques, strategies, and development
- Must be able to work independently, self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate with others
- Demonstrated track record in effectively managing tasks and priorities for overlapping projects and meeting deadlines consistently, completely, accurately
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, including group facilitation. Must have strong command of the English language.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple areas of responsibility/simultaneous projects running in parallel.
- Ability to work well under pressure both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient in using online learning authoring software such as Storyline, Articulate and Capivate
- Strong Microsoft office (Powerpoint, Word) and Outlook skills
- Experience in an ISO certified company preferred
- Local travel
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.