NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing end user support relative to software, hardware, and network assistance. The Service Desk Analyst’s delivery is predicated on Tier 2 diagnostic experience and judgment as well as the application of pre-established workflow procedures and instructions to identify research and resolve technical problems. Additionally the SD Analyst documents, tracks and monitors the incidents, and work orders to ensure a timely resolution. This position is open only to candidates with an active DOD Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Establish tier 1 as the single point of contact for all user requests and incidents
- Lead initiatives as assigned by management
- Mentor junior staff
- Accountable for continuous improvement
- Can function as a Lead Role Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve incidents at a Tier ll and Tier lll level
- Ability to work in the IEOC with Tier ll and Tier lll capabilities
- Maintain full ownership of ticket through its lifecycle
- Provide first call resolution or triage for all calls
- Ensure that for every call and/or reported event a ticket is created in both a timely and accurate manner. This one call/one ticket method provides effective tracking of all incidents and service requests. In the cases where a single incident has effected multiple users, this method of creating a ticket for each reported instance and attaching it to a master ticket will allow for impact analysis on the outage
- Verify user contact and asset information, categorize ticket accurately, and populate ticket with full description of event
- Utilize the knowledge base and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end users technical problems and provide information and status as requested
- Enter all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution
- Escalate tickets to the appropriate support group if required by warm transfer
- If support requests cannot be resolved expeditiously, or if the team lacks the permissions or access to correctly resolve the incident/service request, then the issue is escalated to the appropriate support team including the Desk Side and Network Operations teams
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s with 2-4 years of related experience, Master’s with 0-2 years or High School with 8-10 years (or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s equals 6 years of experience and Master’s equals 9 years)
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 compliance; Security+ preferred, or obtainable within 30 days of hire
- Strong technical knowledge of PC and Desktop hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems, and standards
- Ability to launch and operate desktop diagnostic tools to perform remote diagnostics
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Willing to support weekend rotation
- Experienced in SLA/KPI environment
- Experience with Remedy ticketing software
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Certifications from Microsoft is preferred
- Help Desk Institute Certification preferred
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.