NetCentrics Corporation is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is seeking a NOC Manager who will be responsible for the customer 24x7x365 Tier II/III Support Desk. Which does:
1) Monitors the health and status of CUSTOMER-managed assets, applications and web sites and supports CUSTOMER and non-CUSTOMER infrastructure environments at the Pentagon and alternate site locations.
2) Supports organizational messaging system (OMS), HQDA, and OSD operations and responding to incidents that impact delivery of the CUSTOMER services or service requests for information or other routine actions.
3) Assists operational team technicians with resolving technical and operational issues affecting any supported services.
• Serving as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of support desks and organizational messaging
• Reviewing OM messages based on content (restriction profiles or Discretionary Access Controls), make disposition decisions, and correct intercepted messages due to errors
• Tracing messages to ensure successful delivery as required.
• Notifying users and duty watch officers of high precedence messages, which include Emergency Command Precedence (Y), Flash (Z) and operational Immediate (O).
• Preparing and transmitting verified originated messages received from the Over The Counter (OTC) or OTC-Email account on the behalf of the sending organization
• Printing messages and preparing them for OTC pick-up by verified users
• Coordinating with the appropriate DISA OM NOCs and OM Area and Local Control Centers (LCC) to report and resolve regional and global system level problems
• Generating OM DISA Ticket Management System (TMS) reports recording outages, restoration times, problem resolutions, and customer data that impact CUSTOMER customers
• Ensuring any System Status Advisory Reports (SSAR) information on customer outages and site isolations are reported as time sensitive information to the OM NOC
• Identifying and coordinating correction of OM messages intended recipient Non-Delivery Notices (NDNs), and initiate NDN notifications and reports
• Monitoring successful operation of Message Archiving service, including identifying, analyzing and resolving problems affecting operations and administration
• Monitoring and maintaining all entries for a 24x7 Master Station Log (MSL) on the CUSTOMER portal
• Coordinating and serving as a liaison with the CUSTOMER Customer Care (Tier 1) help desk and other Service/Agency service desks on all actions relating to incident ticket assignments, tracking, and escalation
• Researching, preparing, and presenting Daily Incident Management reports
• Coordinating activities between groups who provide application and hardware services, technical support, incident management and monitoring, and problem management
• Using established CUSTOMER enterprise system management tools (e.g. Tivoli NETCOOL, Tembria Server Monitor, SCOM) to monitor system/network status, and to open incident tickets with operations groups and external agencies
• Using CUSTOMER’s Enterprise ITSM system (Remedy) to open incident tickets with any impacted operations group and external agencies and providing ticket updates per CUSTOMER standards
• Updating incident ticket work logs at minimum every 72 hours
• Submitting incident tickets into the DISA TMS (Remedy) for issues not resolved with an initial telephone call to the U.S. Army Theatre Network Operations Service Centers (TNOSC), and then coordinating with the appropriate TNOSC to resolve system-level problems
• Assisting with maintaining central customer lists, problem and solution knowledge base, work instructions, employee lists, recall lists, and Incident Management escalation procedures on CUSTOMER portals
• Supporting the COOP Planner process for verification of employee status when required
• Supporting the CUSTOMER NOC bridge for critical application incident tickets, infrastructure outages, and other incidents as required
• Monitoring and collaborating within key CUSTOMER chat rooms, providing situational awareness to CUSTOMER CMOC and other CUSTOMER personnel
• Escalating critical priority incidents to the NOC Watch Officer and primary/alternate Operations Services Branch Chief IAW incident escalation procedures
• Assisting in resolving incident tickets in conjunction with DISA regarding Enterprise Email related items and with the TNOSC regarding Active Directory related items
• Providing input to the monthly IPR, and in support of Monthly Metric collection, reports detailing number of incidents received, closed and detailed analysis of incidents identifying root cause and trends.
• Formulating/defining system scope and objectives.
• Devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Preparing detailed specifications for programs
• Assisting in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
• Working with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Formulating/defining specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs
• Providing overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages
• Assisting all phases of software systems programming applications
• Evaluating new and existing software products
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other related field with 8 years of experience or Master’s with 6 years of experience.
• Security + CE certification, at a minimum
• As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
• Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.