NetCentrics Corporation is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Technician works in a fast-paced environment to support a large Government Agency Enterprise. The VDI Specialist would be involved in delivering and supporting a technical solution using VMware VDI technologies and requires someone with knowledge and expertise in setting up, configuring, deploying and support VDI throughout the enterprise. The VDI Specialist provides operational and end user support for the VDI environment and participates in the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards.
- Defines the Windows desktop images standards, and configuration and provides support using standard supporting tools and technologies
- User experience monitoring, single sign on, Performance troubleshooting, Endpoint management on Zero Clients and View Horizon Client.
- Identifies issues proactively using a combination of Microsoft and VMware standard troubleshooting tools.
- Works on automating system procedures and processes to evolve the technology in the organization.
- Works in ticketing system with the Service Desk to solve escalated issues.
- Contributes to knowledge base for troubleshooting and maintaining the environment.
- Provides documentation, processes and technical training to service desk and administrator level team members.
- Contributes to on call escalation support 24x7 per team schedule.
- Performs scheduled night/weekend work as required due to environmental constraints and/or events.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to carry monitors, desktops, and other computer equipment up to roughly 20 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear; handle objects, tools, or controls; and is regularly required to walk.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications and must be 8570 IAT Level II compliant within and no later than 30 days of official employment start date.
- Familiarity with Virtualization Infrastructure based on VMware vSphere and View technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Good organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow up.
- Virtual Desktop Administration preferably using VMware Horizon View.
- Windows Desktop Administration Skills. Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Deployment and Configuration Automation experience.
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills.
- Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands.
- Verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.