NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Deskside Support Team Lead to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret DOD security clearance.
- Lead a dispersed team of Desk Side Technicians focused on installing, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining PC and Mac hardware
- Ensure the efficient, effective and practical IT desktop solutions that achieve favorable Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results
- Monitor and manage IT performance through Remedy system
- Develop and maintain staffing schedules
- Coach, mentor, and train staff
- Review employee time cards and expense reimbursement requests
- Direct Desk Side team activities to efficiently respond to customer requests for technical service received via phone, email, voice mail, and walk up
- Create work schedules, complete the shift handoff reports, and provide ideas for improvement in daily operations
- Perform the duties of a technical expert on the shift
- Instruct, correct, train and mentor the Service Desk team in the proper performance of the standard operating procedures and professional customer interaction
- Participate in daily reporting requirements to team and management as well as function as the team “GO-TO” for any operational questions and support
- Ensure proper ticket escalation and hand off procedures are follow and Desk Side targets are achieved
- Daily ticket auditing to ensure proper categorization of tickets and completion of notes and summaries
- Analyze the team’s performance metrics to identify knowledge or process gaps and target areas for continuous improvement
- Account for everyone on team daily. Validate hours worked. During absences ensure workload is re-distributed, tickets are re-assigned, pre-scheduled appointments are notified. Ensure proper staff at required locations.
- Ensure admin tools, admin URLs, and SOPs are available at all times to support helpdesk technicians. Provide input to update SOPs as needed. Update GAL.
- Interact and coordinate with other leads, supervisors and managers as needed for resolution of escalated issues, successful implementation of processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Be administratively and technically proficient.
- University Degree in a related field or 4+ years of progressively responsible experience leading a deskside or helpdesk team
- Must have a minimum of an active Secret Clearance
- Microsoft Certification is preferred
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification within 30 days of hire
- Security + Certification required
- Must be extremely proficient with Remedy incident and problem management software as well as Microsoft Office suite
- Must be a results oriented and self-motivated leader with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience managing teams in a variety of locations
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and associated diagnostic tools to perform remote diagnostics
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.