NetCentrics Corporation is an information technology consulting, software development, and innovation process management firm. We help our clients become more productive and innovative by improving their information systems and internal processes. We specialize in network design, installation and management, software development, process improvement and innovation.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Network Monitoring Technician to support our team in Alexandria, VA supporting JSP. This position is open only to candidates with an active DOD security clearance. The Support technician will be responsible for providing systems, software, hardware, and network assistance as required and will rely on experience and judgment as well as pre-established procedure and instructions to identify, research, and resolve technical problems presented through Level I, II and III Service Desk tickets. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Specific duties include:
- Hours: 10:30 PM to 7:30am
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Triage Level II and Level III trouble tickets
- Collaborate with staff to recreate problems and assist with resolution
- Verify issue resolution on the customer’s behalf
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and update the ticketing system
- Interface with infrastructure, database, and development personnel
- Communicate plan, progress, and issues in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Security + CE certification, at a minimum
- Must be 8570, IAT level II
- High level of professionalism throughout all work activities with or without supervision
- Production of high quality operational documentation from high to low levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving methods.
- Change management practices.
- Management of competing priorities and workloads.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing of procedural documentation and technical specifications.
- Ongoing technical mentoring of team members
- A good mix of current MS Windows related technology knowledge as well as practical, operations-related acumen
- Strong customer engagement acumen with a high level of professionalism
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
Desired Technical Competencies:
- Management Pack Development
- .Net development experience
- XML and HTML editing
- Microsoft Cluster Server
- Familiarity with .NET multi-tier applications and web services
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level systems monitoring tools
- Familiarity with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Good working knowledge of PKI
- Unix/Linux usage and administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- MCSE Certification
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.