This position is for a Solutions Architect supporting our Department of Defense (DOD) contract, working in the Arlington, VA. This position is open to candidates who possess an active DOD Secret security clearance. The applicant will provide technical support for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems. Defines system solutions based on client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture.
The applicant will work with other team members to analyze and resolve user problems and perform preventative maintenance. The applicant must be able to troubleshoot problems quickly, independently and through to completion. The applicant must be responsive and able to effectively work through difficult situations. The applicant must be available to support a flexible work schedule. The applicant must be skilled at working in a highly visible, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be a self-starter who can manage his/her own schedule.
- The applicant’s primary responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies
- Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology.
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- Work in partnership with Business/Apps partner and other Engineering teams to translate requirements into deliverables
- Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the client’s functional requirements.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Perform independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related IT systems architecture experience
- Senior knowledge installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft Server 2012R2, Server 2016 as well as Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Senior knowledge of Microsoft’s infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Integral experience with DOD STIGs, or working equivalent knowledge of security implications of Windows Group Policy.
- Senior knowledge of TCP/IP network design.
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery solutions and technologies for complex systems.
- VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation
- Experience interacting with executive level customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Senior experience with the following technologies:
- All aspects of administration for the MS Windows Operating Systems including installation, management, application deployment, and security.
- TCP/IP network design/support including; LAN, routing, and subnetting.
- Application and Networking Technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other IT-related field
- DoD 8570 Compliant certification IAT Level II (Required within 30 days of hire)
- Secret clearance is required
- Experience in task automation using scripting - Microsoft Powershell desirable
- Experience with server hardware and RAID arrays – Dell & HP Server experience desirable
- DOD experience a PLUS
- Cisco experience a PLUS
- Microsoft SQL Server and administration a PLUS
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE) a Plus
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.