NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
The AV/VTC Engineer Lead will handle the day to day VTC Infrastructure operations, AV maintenance and act as the Engineering team lead.
Specific duties will include:
- Manage daily operations of the video teleconferencing infrastructure
- Operations and Maintenance of all VTC devices to include Video Communications Servers, MCU, Gateways, Call Manager, Conductor, ACANO, room-based VTC, Desktop VTC devices and other VTC-related equipment
- Expert knowledge of Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, VTC protocols, and communication standards to include SIP, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, TCP/IP, UDP, content control protocols, video compression standards, routing protocols, networking fundamentals, Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video & voice technologies
- Conduct integration and configuration of existing VTC hardware, including application of security controls and management support to the network infrastructure that underlies the VTC platform
- Patch and firmware upgrades, break/fix support and daily operations support, including onsite assistance for special events
- Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills to include technical documentation skills and the ability to teach classes to lower level engineers
- Maintain and provide configuration management information that shall include but not be limited to: equipment hardware make/model, version numbers of installed software, as-built drawings, serial numbers, and all passwords
- Ensure technical solutions comply with all applicable DoD regulations and industry standards
- Monitor system and network operations and notify users when systems display non-standard or out of tolerance behavior
- Apply technical expertise to mitigate potential system problems before they occur
- Resolve all IP VTC service interruptions and technical problems in a timely manner if they should occur.
- Provide enterprise-level system administration for the VTC enterprise
- Ensure all IP and ISDN based VTC systems are configured in accordance with DISA best practices and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation and repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements
- Experience with Tandberg/Cisco Video Teleconferencing Architecture and infrastructure equipment to include Codian MCUs, VCS Control, VCS Expressway, ISDN Gateways, and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
- Experience developing engineering change plans (ECPs) and standard operating procedures (SOP) for VTC equipment
- Consult with client(s) and internal engineering groups to create and/or review requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s with 10-13 years of related experience; Masters with 5-7 years of related experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II
- The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience with administration, installation and repair of CISCO (TANDBERG), Polycom and Acano systems.
- Must be familiar with Cisco Unified Call Manager, TMS and VCS’s
- Possess basic data networking skills
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.