NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Systems and Server Operations Manager to act as operational visionary of a DoD Microsoft-centric consolidated enterprise environment encompassing 2200+ servers across three network classifications.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA and open only to candidates with an active Top Secret DOD security clearance.
- Lead a team of approximately 40 Server Administrators, Systems Engineers, and Technical SMEs delivering System and Server Operations and Maintenance support on a 24x7x365 Enterprise IT Support Services contract
- Ensure projects, operational maintenance and reliability issues are addressed with a timely and proactive approach
- Manage and report on all activities associated with the health, performance and reliability of all servers and services under Server Operations control, including capacity planning, availability trending and application performance
- Assist in defining appropriate technology standards to use within the existing architecture. Understand emerging technologies and determine appropriate use and how that best plays to the overall organizational strategy
- Management and prioritization of all application support activities including but not limited to: Exchange, Infrastructure Services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP…), Database Services (SQL and Oracle) and data center operations (HP Blades, VMware, NetApp …).
- Research and provide strategic direction on use of new products/technology including: servers, operating systems, systems management, backups, storage, and onboarding of new applications
- Oversight of all change management-related audit activities associated with the server and application environment including documentation requirements, control testing, evidence gathering, scheduled outages, fall-back procedures, etc.
- Proactive monitoring all systems under Server Operations control and for quick resolution (during and after hours) by adhering to notification and escalation procedures
- Delivery of After Action Reports documenting production outages and detailing root cause analysis and action items to eliminate repeat occurrences
- Enable an environment that rewards innovation and effective problem solving
- Create and continuously improve processes by which the support team operates
- Enhance the customer experience by fostering an environment of service excellence
- Work collaboratively with the Customer and PM to ensure solutions meet customer requirements
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) both internally and with our customers and other support groups
- Define processes and metrics to ensure we are meeting those KPIs and OLAs and holding the support team accountable
- Develop structure within our support team to ensure we are meeting business goals and customer’s objectives
- Share knowledge with other members of the team and mentor other leads and managers
- Implement best practices and establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Engage key stakeholders and sponsors to ensure customer and strategic requirements are met
- On-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis
- Will effectively work in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team
- Responsible for setting priorities and managing to deliverables
- Solid knowledge of standards, best practices and key performance metric reporting
- Will prioritize and maximize resources within a complex, highly dynamic and aggressive growth environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive career advancement in IT Systems and Server Operations in relevant industry sectors managing multiple and complex IT Data Centers, Systems, and IT Infrastructures
- Four years of strong, hands-on technical experience in a 24/7/365 operational role
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated technical management experience in managing an IT Operations element (servers and systems)
- Must have the following certifications: Must have 5 years of comprehensive knowledge of business systems and server technology, storage systems and related data center technologies
- ITIL Certified
- Microsoft Technical Certifications (MCSA within 6 months)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange
- This position is open only to Active Security Clearance: Top Secret, ultimate requirement: TS/SCI
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.