NetCentrics Corporation is an information technology consulting, software development, and innovation process management firm. We help our clients become more productive and innovative by improving their information systems and internal processes. We specialize in network design, installation and management, software development, process improvement and innovation.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced HBSS Security Engineer to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret DOD security clearance.
- Develops and implements security standards and procedures. Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- Recommends security solutions to support customers' requirements. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information security-related technical problems and provides senior-level engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs system support of security applications such as antivirus, intrusion detection systems, & proxy servers.
- Ensures that all information systems are maintained in a functional and secure state.
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, operating, and maintaining the Host Based Security Systems (HBSS)
- Perform system administration on the HBSS and integrate HBSS data (alerts, logs, data feeds, etc.) into existing protect, detect, and respond processes, procedures, and systems.
- Monitor the HBSS for alerts, assess and modify the HBSS operational parameters (filters, signatures, rules, etc.) when requested.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as an IT Security Specialist
- Active Security Clearance: Top Secret, ultimate requirement: TS/SCI
- D8570 Requirement: IAT Level II
- Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction (DoDI) 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) and Computer Network Defense (CND) compliant or willingness to become compliant within 3 months of hire
- Security+, or SSCP, as well as GCIA, CEH, GCIH, CISA, or GSNA;
- Must have completed the DISA HBSS Admin Course (or must do so within the first 30 days)
- Familiar with patching processes/procedures, Classified Message Incident (CMI) processes/procedures, IAVA/STIG processes/procedures, & Log Correlation tools (ArcSight, LogLogic, InTrust, etc.)
- Senior Level experience with McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) ePolicy Orchestrator
- Proxy server administration and Retina/Gold Disk/Nessus
- Some travel
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.