NetCentrics Corporation is an information technology consulting, software development, and innovation process management firm. We help our clients become more productive and innovative by improving their information systems and internal processes. We specialize in network design, installation and management, software development, process improvement and innovation.
NetCentrics is looking for a Systems Engineer to engineer and enhance the enterprise Infrastructure of the Department of Defense (DOD). This position is only open to U.S. Citizens and requires an active DOD security clearance. Top Secret is required and TS/SCI is preferred.
The Engineer will be working with a team of subject matter experts from a number of IT disciplines that work on projects and development efforts within the DOD network. These engineers will all be experts on various facets of the environment including Infrastructure, Microsoft Exchange, Database, Internal and External applications, IT Security, VMware Technologies and more. The Systems Engineer will be working with Microsoft Server based systems and VMware Technologies.
- Administer Windows based servers
- Document designs, development plans, operations procedures for large complicated engineering projects
- Manage AD Users, Groups and GPO’s
- Manage ticket queues for the team using Remedy
- Communicate effectively with the DOD project management team, and in some cases internal DOD customers and program owners
- Understand and document new requirements as well as communicate and accurately estimate level of effort and schedule
- This position is open only to Active Security Clearance: Top Secret, ultimate requirement: TS/SCI
- Compliance with DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher. One of the following certifications required: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP. If you do not have one of the following certifications, you must be able to obtain it within the first 3 months of employment. NetCentrics provides tuition reimbursement
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Communications, Telecommunications, Engineering, or related field is desired
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical system administrator experience
- Hands on experience administering Windows based servers
- Experience with Windows 2008 or newer versions
- Experience with HyperV a plus
- Experience with Hyper-convergence (hyperconvergence) platform, private cloud and/or automation a plus
- Demonstrated history of documenting designs, development plans, operations procedures for large complicated engineering projects
- Demonstrated history of meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Demonstrated history of navigating complex environments and delivering results in spite of communications challenges
- Experience communicating directly with customers and the capability to provide high level end user support
- Experience in managing AD Users, Groups and GPO’s
- Experience with vCenter and Virtual Machine Administration
- Experience managing ticket queues for the team
- Flexible schedule required as testing and upgrades may require work outside of normal business hours to minimize impact to the operational environment
- Must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is desirable
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.