NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Cyber Security Malware Analyst to support our team in Washington, D.C.The Senior Cyber Security MalwareAnalyst will be a key team member on this highly visible, critical program that bridges DoD and DHS programs, and will be joining a team of highly respected technical professionals. The NetCentrics team is not your average team, and we are definitely not your average company. We do mission critical work, we value our people, and we demonstrate it every day. Come talk to us and learn more. We encourage our team members’ professional development, and actively support ongoing education, training and certifications.
- Provide analytic and investigative support on Tier 2 investigations
- Perform malware reverse engineering multiple computer and network devices, such as Windows and Linux platforms, mobile devices, and virtual machines.
- Discover, analyze, and diagnose malware events, infected files and network intrusions
- Recommend counter measures and mitigations to malware and other Cyber related incidents; develop After Action Reports
- Conduct open source research on Cyber TTP’s related to the local network, and take relevant steps for remediation
- Analyze network activity and suspicious traffic, including packet analysis and reverse engineering
- Evaluate and report on emerging forensic technologies and capabilities; conduct forensic analysis as-needed
- Create and monitor alarms and correlation rules
- Collaborate across multiple departments to tune analytic tools
- Provide informal and formal technical training to the customer, to include training on the tools and processes/procedures for forensic collection, analysis and reporting.- Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem solving skills related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
- Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis, forensics tools, and reverse engineering.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages, including Perl, Python or bash
- Experience with open source and commercial systems such as but not limited to FTK, Snort/Sourcefire, Tipping Point, SIEM, Splunk, NetWitness, NetScout, Solera, ForeScout, and CISCO suite of products
- In depth knowledge of networking such as firewalls, routing, switching, load balancing
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Must be IAT III and CND IR compliant (CISSP or CASP and CEH)
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be able to pass a CI Polygraph
- Must have 7 years of relative work experience and BS degree.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
Desired Experience/Skillsets (Nice to have but not required):
- Certification in Digital Forensics:
- GCFE – GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner
- GCFA – GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst
- GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware
- Encase, SANS Institute Forensic Toolkit (SIFT) or FTK vendor certifications and product experience
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.