NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for a Senior AV/VTC Engineer to fulfill the following duties listed below:
- Team Lead for On-Site engineering personnel. Customer Liaison for company/contract on location.
- Provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video teleconferencing services.
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Schedules AV/VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Performs setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provides client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Must have experience providing life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirement; nonrecurring and special reports; developing and implementing metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
- Ability to perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments including use of KIV-7 encryptions keys for I8DN/IP classified connectivity.
- Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards as well as DoD Video Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes, familiarity with and ability to comply with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) operational guidelines.
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring and cable/fiber installation.
- Prepare, provide and maintain system documentation to include, but not limited to: technical documentation, drawings, electronic schematics, communications wiring diagrams, databases, user manuals and guides, floor layouts, wiring diagrams, lists of bill of materials (BOM), rack face elevation drawings, schematic and installation specifications and as-built documentation, operator and maintainer documentation, maintenance plans and training/informational materials.
- Must have a BA/BS in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- Must have 6-10 years current experience of performance in designing, installing, and configuring enterprise Desktop VTC deployments.
- Must have and understanding of Depart of Defense (DoD) and DISA VTC requirements.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls desired.
- Must have knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Understanding of PKI desired.
- Must possess DoD 8570 IAT II certification.
- Must be familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91
- Must have working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
- Understanding of basic networking and cable termination skills.
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of audiovisual systems.
- Knowledge of video teleconferencing systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: C+, C++, or C#, Visual Basic, or HTML
- Knowledge of AMX, Crestron, or Extron control systems.
- Knowledge of audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies AMX, Crestron, or Extron control programming certifications.
- INFOCOMM CTS Certification
- Must have a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.