NetCentrics Corporation is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is growing and has a new position for an HR Assistant in our Herndon, VA based headquarters! We are looking for a positive, high-energy, can-do, people person to join our Human Resources team.
- Support onboarding process to include: entering new hires into company internal systems and HRIS (UltiPro), initiating and monitoring background investigation, and creation, collection and dissemination of all new hire paperwork.
- Complete onboarding checklist and related activities: onboarding emails, E-Verify, VA New Hire reporting, benefits administration system, route paperwork to payroll, track training completion in corporate learning management system (LMS) and coordinate new employee orientation materials.
- Manage I-9’s and E-Verify for new employees according to compliance related guidelines to include auditing both systems for accuracy.
- Assist employees with questions, concerns and inquiries related to payroll, time/attendance, benefits, Training and Development process/expense reporting, policies, procedures and programs.
- Manage Employee Files to ensure compliance and currency by creating and filing documents and folders.
- Complete background investigations/mortgage applications/employment verifications.
- Assist with employee events.
- Assist with collection of staff information/announcements for quarterly All Hands Meeting.
- Assist with maintaining HR site on corporate intranet.
- Assist and support company ISO requirements.
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and add value to the HR team. Document HR processes and provide recommendations to improve and streamline where necessary.
- Participates in new-employee orientations and recommends and implements updates to orientation material.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assist with other team initiatives as necessary.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritize and work effectively within a fast-paced environment and competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Customer-service oriented with positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and demonstrate discretion.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- Adaptability, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Self-starter, with strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must be comfortable and intuitive with technology.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong ability to communicate and build trust at all levels.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on a team and independently.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Desire to pursue career in the field of Human Resources.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous office experience.
- Previous experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience working with Government Contracts.
- Some knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws.
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with ISO QMS standards.
Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various office equipment; use fingers to write or type. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be subjected to prolonged periods of sitting, use of keyboard, viewing monitor, standing, and walking. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may be required to drive vehicle to various work locations or travel to client sites. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must be able to maintain mental capacity that permits making sound judgments regarding work and have regular attendance.
The job operates in a professional office environment in open cubicle space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.