NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics has an immediate opening for an AV/VTC Technician located in Alexandria, Virginia. The VTC Technician would join a team supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense and other DOD organizations within the NCR. The AV/VTC Team provides conference support, VTC installation and configuration, VTC Troubleshooting, new conference room installations as well as other AV/VTC tasks.
· Provide real-time, on-site support of A/V and VTC capabilities in a classified environment
· Set-up, facilitate, test, and operate all AV/VTC equipment in conference centers and conference rooms
· Provide operational and maintenance support of A/V VTC systems in conference rooms, training rooms, auditoriums, senior leadership A/V VTC equipment, video walls, signage systems, and provides operating instructions to AV customers
· Provide Tier 1 & 2 troubleshooting of A/V display sharing and Customer control interface panels
· Manage scheduling of all VTCs (CONUS/OCONUS) and provide operational assistance for conference initiation to A/V VTC customers
· Provide preventive maintenance, functionality, installation, operation, and troubleshooting of AV/VTC assets in the Mark Center, Pentagon and other NCR locations
· Provide ongoing support and coordination for VTC communications
· Provide A/V VTC recommendations to customer to ensure optimal utilization of A/V equipment per customers’ needs.
· Ensure that appropriate telecommunication documentation exists, including operational instructions and, that Standard Operating Procedures are updated as needed.
· Provide hands-on assistance involving troubleshooting and diagnostic support for all related systems, equipment failures or service issues
· Assists in all service / system upgrades while being a team player involving telecommunications and networking projects
· May research available and emerging Audio Visual technologies to recommend future implementations
· Uses knowledge of current systems to promote beneficial capabilities and leverage use of the system's features
· Creates, update, and resolve trouble tickets as assigned and, enter service request tickets daily.
· 2-4 years of experience in operating and maintaining A/V VTC equipment
· Bachelors degree with two to four years of related experience.
· Strong switch/router/control panel configuration and support experience in a DoD environment
· CTS Certification desired
· Experience working in a fast paced high visibility DoD environment
· Six (6) months or more experience supporting customers in the Pentagon, Mark Center, or other DOD building.
· Experience using AMX, Avocent, BiAMP, Crestron, Polyocm and, CISCO TMS Suite products
· Effective communication skills
· Professional attitude and appearance
· Minimum education: High School Diploma
· Ability to observe proper safety precautions
· Must have a Secret clearance or higher
· As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
· Normal demands associated with an office environment.
· Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
· Ability to lift equipment up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.