NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
This position is for a Senior Systems Engineer supporting our Department of Defense (DOD) contract, working in the Arlington, VA. This position is open to candidates who possess an active DOD security clearance. The applicant will provide technical support for the installation, configuration, and administration of Microsoft Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Windows 7 operating systems. The applicant will also provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment. The applicant will work with other team members to analyze and resolve user problems and perform preventative maintenance. The applicant must be able to troubleshoot problems quickly, independently and through to completion. The applicant must be responsive and able to effectively work through difficult situations. The applicant must be available to support a flexible work schedule. The applicant must be skilled at working in a highly visible, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision and must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be a self-starter who can manage his/her own schedule.
The applicant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- Provide technical support, advice and troubleshooting for utility network operations with a 98% target network uptime.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for the day to day operations.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Manage Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, SCCM, and WhatsUp Gold.
- Provide support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESX 5.5 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation
- Provide support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Provide installation support for network applications.
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Perform network monitoring of the network to include all assets.
- Develop and maintain all workstation and server images.
- Monitor and Maintain McAfee’s Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Maintain virus definitions, patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all network servers and workstations.
- Utilize the DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to update, manage and track implementation of information security requirements for the IT assets and resources.
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Senior experience with the following technologies: All aspects of administration for the MS Windows Operating Systems including installation, management, application deployment, and security.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network design/support including Cisco equipment; LAN and WLAN networks, routing, and subnetting.
- The applicant must have minimum 7 years of experience installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Windows 7 operating systems.
- The applicant should have senior knowledge of Microsoft’s operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and knowledge with other Microsoft Products.
- The applicant should also have senior knowledge of TCP/IP network design/support including Cisco equipment; LAN and WLAN networks, routing and subnetting.
- Secret clearance required
- Experience in task automation using scripting - Microsoft Powershell desirable
- Experience with server hardware and RAID arrays – Dell server experience desirable
- DOD experience a PLUS
- Cisco experience a PLUS
- Microsoft SQL Server and administration a PLUS
• Security+ (Required within 30 days of hire)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) a Plus
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.