NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies.
NetCentrics is looking for a VTC Technician to fulfill the following duties listed below:
A minimum requirement of 2 years experience of specialized training and practical knowledge of VTC systems (Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, and others) operations; of which 1 year must be in VTC room support. Current and continuous experience in the field of telecommunications and operations in large-scale voice, video teleconferencing, secure switching, transmission, and data networks is essential.
AV/VTC Technician includes, but is NOT limited to the following:
- Familiarity in the testing of equipment, devices, components, systems and methodologies for the DoD, including evaluation of test data is helpful.
- A demonstrated knowledge and skill to perform complex repair work on specialized; telecommunications equipment and its ancillary components.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and experience with DoD structure, doctrine, technical standards, STIGs, specifications, and IA security requirements.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of crypto equipment (KG-194 and KIV-7) to include the management and control of the classified COMSEC materials.
- Perform daily testing and preventive maintenance on VTC systems and report any faults to your supervisor
- Perform accurate record keeping for reports on each conference/meeting operated.
- Receive Tier I or II phone calls and service tickets for troubleshooting issues with VTC equipment.
- Provide technical and operational guidance and direction to the DOD customer in establishing and operating video teleconferencing systems.
- Support surge requirements (special conferences outside business hours).
- Maintain other conferencing requirements as needed (assisting end users experiencing difficulty with VTC).
- Provide inventory and equipment status tracking support.
- Assist users in setting up, reserving, scheduling, establishing, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring, and conducting IP/ISDN point-to-point and multipoint or Unclassified VTC sessions
- Validate VTC performance 30-minutes prior to the start of the session to confirm that both audio and video are functioning properly.
- Provide primary and possible after-hours support as pre-arranged with the customer.
- College degree preferred
- 2 -3 years of relevant experience or certified training
- Must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- Contractor personnel must have and maintain a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance with Special Background Investigation (SBI) and be able to attain SI, TK, G, and HCS access. Personnel must sign a Non- Disclosure Statement. A current Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph may be required.
- Understanding of basic networking and cable termination skills.
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense (DoD) structure, doctrine, technical standards, specifications, and security requirements.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.