NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is growing and has a new position for a Senior Training and Development Specialist in our Herndon, VA based headquarters! We are looking for a results-oriented, people focused, talent development professional to develop and mature our training and development capabilities and lead the T&D efforts for the organization. This person will report to the Vice-President, Human Resources and will independently support the design, development and facilitation of key training efforts which range from performance management, the continuous improvement of employee skills and skills and certification tracking, manager training, and compliance training.
The successful candidate must have proven ability to design, deliver and evaluate training and possess experience in multiple delivery methods to include instructor-led, e-learning and blended instruction. The Training and Development Specialist will apply their creativity and skills to deliver a professional level product. This person will also lead efforts to evaluate, select and implement a Learning Management System to support the company needs.
Specific duties include:
- Create and manage the development, design and implementation of new and ongoing training and development initiatives and corporate training efforts such as compliance training, manager training and skills building, and employee development.
- Manage annual performance evaluation process end to end to include administration in HRIS/LMS, training and materials development. Support managers in the development of their employees through the review process by providing support and instruction in the creation of employee annual goals, and objectives, tying them to the corporate strategy and through assistance in succession planning.
- Manages process for goal setting for new hires and transfers.
- Creates online learning modules using Articulate or similar software.
- Track training and skills for staff and department budgets.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Work with subject matter experts and other resources to develop new programs and process documents.
- Design course materials and curriculums, instructor outlines, quick references, and class exercises. Provide job aids as takeaways for ongoing student application.
- Identify and evaluate external training material or resources to support staff and training needs.
- Identify and facilitate internal certification study groups.
- Design and conduct train-the-trainer sessions to expand the transfer of knowledge footprint when necessary.
- Provide relevant training metrics. Perform data analysis, reporting, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure final project deliverables are the highest quality.
- Physical Requirements of Position: While performing duties of the job, the employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time; walk; carry; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; share office; lift to 35 pounds.
- In addition, must also have vision abilities to include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Tools and equipment regularly used: computer, office supplies, copiers, telephone, calculator, projector, pull cart, etc.
- Must be able to decern, interact with others, vocalize training
- Experience managing the performance evaluation process.
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience, implementation experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with eLearning techniques, strategies, and development
- Must be able to work independently, self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate with others
- Demonstrated track record in effectively managing tasks and priorities for overlapping projects and meeting deadlines consistently, completely, accurately
- Previous experience developing and leading Career Development and Leadership Programs preferred
- Professional presentation and written and verbal communication skills, including group facilitation. Must have strong command of the English language.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient in using online learning authoring software such as Storyline, Articulate and Capivate
- Strong Microsoft office (Powerpoint, Word) and Outlook skills
- Experience in an ISO certified company preferred
- Local travel
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Communication, Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field; Master’s Degree or related certification preferred
- Years of Experience: 6+ years of experience in developing and delivering instructional content in a corporate environment
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.