NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
We are looking for a pro-active, upbeat HR professional to join our HR team in the Herndon, VA office supporting a fantastic and fast growing company! NetCentrics Corporation is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, application development, service delivery, cybersecurity services and innovation services to the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and other federal agencies. NetCentrics is ISO 9001 and ISO 20000 registered and CMMI Level 3 Assessed company. The company has more than 20 years of experience supporting large IT program. We treat our employees like family and we live our Core Values.
We are looking for the next addition to our HR team to help provide support to all functions of Human Resources including onboarding and termination, employee relations, compensation administration, compliance and reporting, and HRIS administration. However, this position will also take the lead for employee relations activities for the company. This individual will be responsible for providing Employee Relations (ER) support to managers and functional team members including developing and administering employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating team member concerns and making recommendations that effectively promote positive employee relations.
Specific Duties Include:
- Provides overall day-to- day HR support for headquarters and staff on client site.
- Maintains employee records, processes employment changes, maintains HRIS data entry for promotions, transfers, supervisor/location re-assignments, pay and benefit changes.
- Takes the lead with employee relations issues including working with managers on employee counseling memos, performance improvement plans, discipline and terminations. Maintains employee performance tracker.
- Conducts internal investigations to identify appropriate outcomes and document findings. Applies understanding of corporate policies, employment law and other regulations when providing guidance. Recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective action in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws.
- Consults with Vice President, Human Resources and Legal Counsel as needed to obtain advice on employee matters and problem resolution.
- Counsels and trains all levels of staff with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other personnel laws, and NetCentrics policies and procedures ensuring consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies, procedures and precedence.
- Working with HR Team, creates and maintains related SOP’s to maintain compliance with ISO requirements.
- Assists with compensation slotting and salary management.
- Conducts orientation with team; updates as necessary.
- Helps establish and report on ER metrics
- Prepares annual Affirmative Action Plan, coordinates appropriate related action plans and outreach, and delivers related training to managers.
- Strong background and knowledge of unemployment process and participation in hearings
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet.
- Provides advice to managers on terminations, reduction in force, position eliminations, and layoffs to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Delivers service in a professional and efficient manner, providing prompt assistance while managing expectations to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Conducts new hire orientation with team; updates as necessary.
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet, especially as it pertains to employee benefits.
- Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
- Keeps apprised of HR Law updates and ensures company compliance.
- Assists in evaluating and writing departmental policies and procedures; makes recommendations on improving workflow and efficiencies. Keeps employee handbook current.
- Processes terminations and conducts exit interviews.
- Participates and takes leadership role in company committees.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge to include a solid understanding of employment laws and policies and compliance requirements related to federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Previous experience with investigating and resolving complaints. Prior experience investigating and documenting Title VII, FMLA, & Harassment cases to include the principles, practices and procedures of Human Resource Management.
- Must have experience with HRMS/HRIS, UltiPro preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and discretion in and handling confidential information and situations.
- Prior Government contracting experience.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal, intrapersonal) and ability to build strong relationships, gaining the confidence and respect of peers.
- Competent in delivering presentations in front of a group.
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours as necessary.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative, excellent attention to detail, and a dedication to follow up and follow through with ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with the team.
- Computer literacy - Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Certifications: PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Years of Experience: 7-10 years’ solid HR Generalist experience, to include general HR knowledge and skills, with a broad understanding of all the technical and functional components of HR including compensation, onboarding, talent management, benefits, training and development with significant experience in employee relations required. Experience working as an Employee Relations Specialist for 3-5 years preferred.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing duties of the job, the employee must be able to stand; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; share office; lift to 25 pounds.
- In addition, must also have vision abilities to include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to work in a shared office environment.
- Tools and equipment regularly used: computer, office supplies, copiers, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Some local travel is required.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.