NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
Our mission is to provide non-personal Information Technology (IT) support services to the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) located on Fort Benning, Georgia including the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end IT services.
The Network Administrator will support our customer onsite in Fort Benning, Georgia.
Specific duties include:
- Supports digital and analog local area networks, area distribution nodes, main communication nodes, premise distribution systems, power systems, network shelters, and equipment rooms/closets.
- Responds to both urgent and routine actions within established timelines during both normal and after duty hours.
- Performs IP network management, network performance management and network security for both wired and wireless networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)/Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) and Gigabit Ethernet Layer 3 switches and routers.
- Provision, manage, and maintain Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel, and OC3/12/48/192 and DS1/DS3 service.
- Support and perform preventive maintenance (PM) on un-interruptible power supplies (UPS), power distribution systems, and modular power supplies contained in switching rooms and communication shelters.
- Strong knowledge of PC/Network communications hardware /software, in a multi-protocol environment, and network management software.
- Experience utilizing network security and systems management (NSSM) tools (CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, General Dynamics GEM-X, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, Unique Cairs).
- Clearance: Secret
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 5 years of relevant experience
- Certifications: IAT Level II Certified – Security+ Computer Environment (CE).
- Years of Experience: Four years relevant experience with Network Systems.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Experience supporting or assigned to the DoD and /or U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command.
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.