NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Systems and Server Operations Manager to lead our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret DOD security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Lead a team of approximately 40 Server Administrators, Systems Engineers, and Technical SMEs delivering System and Server Operations and Maintenance support on a 24x7x365 Enterprise IT Support Services contract
- Ensure projects, operational maintenance and reliability issues are addressed with a timely and proactive approach
- Manage and report on all activities associated with the health, performance and reliability of all servers and services under Server Operations control, including capacity planning, availability trending and application performance
- Assist in defining appropriate technology standards to use within the existing architecture. Understand emerging technologies and determine appropriate use and how that best plays to the overall organizational strategy
- Management and prioritization of all application support activities including but not limited to: Exchange, Infrastructure Services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP…), Database Services (SQL and Oracle) and data center operations (HP Blades, VMware, NetApp …).
- Research and provide strategic direction on use of new products/technology including: servers, operating systems, systems management, backups, storage, and onboarding of new applications
- Oversight of all change management-related audit activities associated with the server and application environment including documentation requirements, control testing, evidence gathering, scheduled outages, fall-back procedures, etc.
- Proactive monitoring all systems under Server Operations control and for quick resolution (during and after hours) by adhering to notification and escalation procedures
- Delivery of After Action Reports documenting production outages and detailing root cause analysis and action items to eliminate repeat occurrences
- Enable an environment that rewards innovation and effective problem solving
- Create and continuously improve processes by which the support team operates
- Enhance the customer experience by fostering an environment of service excellence
- Work collaboratively with the Customer and PM to ensure solutions meet customer requirements
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) both internally and with our customers and other support groups
- Define processes and metrics to ensure we are meeting those KPIs and OLAs and holding the support team accountable
- Develop structure within our support team to ensure we are meeting business goals and customer’s objectives
- Share knowledge with other members of the team and mentor other leads and managers
- Implement best practices and establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Provide close liaison with project teams to ensure the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Engage key stakeholders and sponsors to ensure customer and strategic requirements are met
- On-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis
- Will effectively work in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team
- Responsible for setting priorities and managing to deliverables
- Solid knowledge of standards, best practices and key performance metric reporting
- Will prioritize and maximize resources within a complex, highly dynamic and aggressive growth environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive career advancement in IT Systems and Server Operations in relevant industry sectors managing multiple and complex IT Data Centers, Systems, and IT Infrastructures
- Four years of strong, hands-on technical experience in a 24/7/365 operational role
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated technical management experience in managing an IT Operations element (servers and systems)
- Must have 5 years of comprehensive knowledge of business systems and server technology, storage systems and related data center technologies
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in managing all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange
- Clearance: Top Secret is required, TS/SCI desired.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Certifications: ITIL Certified / Network +Certified / Microsoft Technical Certifications (MCSE) / 8570 compliant – IAT Level III (such as CISSP or CASP)
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Advanced detailed knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, and Windows Authentication
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell
- Knowledge and experience using monitoring tools such as Microsoft Service Center (SCOM, SCCM, Orchestrator) and EM7
- Prior experience in enterprise consolidation
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.