NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for a Problem Management Analyst to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This candidate should be self-motivated individual with excellent analytical skills, trend analysis, and problem solving skills. This position is open only to candidates with an active DOD security clearance (Secret and clearable to TS/SSBI).
Specific duties include:
- Follow established ITIL Problem Management process and procedures
- Performs analysis of a problem, coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as necessary, and documents findings (i.e. compile data, update Remedy records, write information papers).
- Review and document events and reports from SCOM, Aternity, and other monitoring tools and notifications
- Provide ad hoc reports for management and customer
- Perform thorough testing to support enterprise changes
- Collaborate, document, and share knowledge
- Use agreed trend analysis techniques to uncover trends
- Read and interpret system logs
- Basic troubleshooting of software applications
- Perform proactive and reactive root cause analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Solid background in Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to write concise documents
- Must be flexible and able to work in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to problem-solve and proactively resolve issues
- Requires good analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated with great time management skills
- Working knowledge of Remedy
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: 8570 compliant – IAT Level II upon start / ITIL Certification a plus
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant IT work experience
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.