NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
Our mission is to provide non-personal Information Technology (IT) support services to the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) located on Fort Benning, Georgia including the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end IT services.
The Network Engineer Associate will support our customer onsite in Fort Benning, Georgia.
Specific Duties Include:
- Under general direction, responsible for administration and day-to-day operation of organization's local area network (LAN)
- Provides integrated team support and maintenance of LAN hardware and software
- Maintains integrity of the LAN hardware and software
- Installs LAN software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
- Performs LAN security procedures, including implementing login requests
- Provides liaison support between the PC/LAN team, vendors and internal support group as needed
- Provide network and administrator engineering support for the Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), integrity and availability of network communications
- Install, configure, manage, support, troubleshoot and monitor devices related to network systems, to include Cisco Routers, Switches, and firewalls
- Ensure systems are patched and in compliance with all DoD regulations and STIGS
- Maintain legacy infrastructure while deploying replacement products
- Create and update network diagrams and device documentation
- Work with peers to ensure documentation and knowledge sharing is adequate and there is no single point of failure
- Clearable Position
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification prior to starting work onsite.
- Must get CE certificate within 6 months of start date; Microsoft Technology Associate-IT Infrastructure
- Requires 2 years similar experience, BA/BS or additional 5 years of related IT experience.
- Administrator level knowledge of networking such as LANs, WANs, VPNs, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
Desired (Not Required):
- CCNA or CCNP
- Experience with CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, General Dynamics GEM-X, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, and/or Unique Cairs is a plus.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.