NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
Our mission is to provide non-personal Information Technology (IT) support services to the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) located on Fort Benning, Georgia including the delivery of comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end IT services.
The Network Support Technician will support our customer onsite in Fort Benning, Georgia.
Specific duties include:
- Supports digital and analog local area networks, area distribution nodes, main communication nodes, premise distribution systems, power systems, network shelters, and equipment rooms/closets.
- Responds to both urgent and routine actions within established timelines during both normal and after duty hours.
- Monitor and respond to connectivity and performance trouble calls received from network users, and to alerts generated by various network security and systems management (NSSM) tools.
- Diagnose and resolve problems at the physical and data link layers (including Wireless, Ethernet, DWDM, and SONET) and common problems at the network (IP) layer.
- Install, maintain, and label equipment racks, backboards, shelves, and grounding straps.
- Install, configure, and maintain all network components based upon Government specifications outlined in the latest Installation Information Infrastructure Architecture (I3A) Design Guide, and in accordance with the best commercial practices.
- Ensure that all equipment and materiel are securely fastened in a suitable environment.
- Knowledge of PC/Network communications hardware /software, in a multi-protocol environment, and network management software.
- Experience utilizing network security and systems management (NSSM) tools (CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, General Dynamics GEM-X, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, Unique Cairs) is a plus.
- Clearance: Clearable
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 5 years of additional relevant experience.
- Certifications:Must earn IAT Level II Certification prior to starting work onsite and (Computing Environment certification must be earned within 6 months of hire)
- Years of Experience: 2 years relevant experience with Network Systems.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Experience supporting or assigned to the DoD and /or U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command.
- Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- CompTIA Net+ and/or Cisco CCENT certifications are a plus.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.