NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
The Service Desk Technician provides front line customer support assisting Ft Benning, GA users. Provides presidential-quality support services ensuring end-users are routed to the correct service technician for issues that cannot be resolved.
Specific Duties include:
- Full-time Service Desk Technician is responsible for answering and transferring calls and contacting users to provide technical support status updates in a timely, courteous manner.
- Serve as primary Service Desk point of contact. Must be able to interface with users in a helpful and professional manner. The Help Desk will follow up with customers pertaining to unresolved or long standing incidents.
- The Service Desk Technician reviews trouble tickets and service requests and will research and provide resolution to the user problems.
- Escalates tickets appropriate personnel, providing a detailed description of incidents to better help the various support sections (Hardware, Software, Networking, Graphics, and Telecom.) resolve the issue.
- Proficient working with MS Windows and MS applications within an enterprise environment.
- Clearable Position
- Associates degree or undergraduate degree in IT or 3 years of additional related experience.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Must earn IAT Level II Certification prior to starting work onsite
- Must be able to get CE certification; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Server Administration within 6 months of start date.
- Strong customer service skills on the phone and in-person. Ability to multi-task.
- Understand and grasp IT environment and concepts.
- Experience working with a ticketing system.
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft OS: WinXP, Win7, Win10.
- Experience providing technical suport to end users in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with installation, configuration and support of desktop hardware and applications.
- Ability to capture all details in ticketing system.
- Ability to thoroughly follow direction for special projects.
- Ability to follow SOP, checklists, and other instructions.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
Desired but Not Required:
- DOD work experience is a plus.
- Military experience is a plus.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.