Do you love what you do? Do you strive to be the best? Our team is the team for you! We are looking for a pro-active, upbeat HR professional to join our HR team in the Herndon, VA office supporting a fantastic and fast growing company! NetCentrics is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, application development, service delivery, cybersecurity services and innovation services to the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and other federal agencies. NetCentrics is ISO 9001 and ISO 20000 registered and CMMI Level 3 Assessed company. The company has more than 20 years of experience supporting large IT programs, we treat our employees like family and we live our Core Values.
We are looking for the perfect addition to our HR team to help provide support to all functions of HR including onboarding and termination, employee relations, compensation administration, compliance and reporting, and HR administration. Most importantly, this position will take the lead for benefits administration for the company.
Specific Duties Include:
- Provides overall day-to- day HR support for headquarters and staff on client site.
- Conducts new hire orientation with team; updates as necessary.
- Maintains employee records, processes employment changes, maintains HRIS data entry for promotions, transfers, supervisor/location re-assignments, pay and benefit changes.
- Functions as the benefits subject matter expert and a liaison between benefits brokers, vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefit matters.
- Responsible for the day-to-day benefit administration including employee inquiries, new enrollments and termination of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, 401(k), FSA, commuter benefits and COBRA administration.
- Manages and oversees Health and Wellness initiatives and works with provider to maximize benefits and opportunities.
- Provides monthly communication to the organization, highlighting benefits or health and wellness initiatives.
- Leads and administers annual benefits open enrollment to include setting up HRIS and file feeds, enrollment meetings to include scheduling providers, communications, materials and presentation.
- Maintains and develops content on the employee portal and company intranet, especially as it pertains to employee benefits.
- Administers Workers Compensation.
- Maintains OSHA logs.
- Reconciles monthly benefits invoices/premiums.
- Responsible for ACA reporting using 3rd party vendor.
- Provides benefit plan document mailings and required notifications.
- Administers FMLA cases and tracks employee leaves (STD, LTD, ADA required leave, etc.)
- Manages ADA, disability and FMLA paperwork to staff and communicates with disability carrier.
- Ensures compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
- Keeps apprised of HR Law updates and ensures company compliance.
- Assists in evaluating and writing departmental policies and procedures; makes recommendations on improving workflow and efficiencies.
- Assists with employee relations issues including performance improvement plans, discipline and terminations.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Processes terminations and conducts exit interviews.
- Participates and takes leadership role in company charity committee.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- 7+ years’ solid HR Generalist experience, with significant experience in benefits required.
- Bachelor's Degree, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Must have experience with HRMS/HRIS, UltiPro preferred.
- Prior Government contracting experience a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of the Human Resources function to include a solid understanding of compliance requirements related to Section 125, ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal, intrapersonal) and ability to build strong relationships, gaining the confidence and respect of peers.
- Competent in delivering presentations in front of a group.
- A strong solutions focus and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours as necessary.
- A self-starter, with strong initiative, excellent attention to detail, and a dedication to follow up and follow through with ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Must have a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with the team.
- Computer literacy - Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing duties of the job, the employee must be able to stand; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; share office; lift to 25 pounds.
- In addition, must also have vision abilities to include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to work in a shared office environment.
- Tools and equipment regularly used: computer, office supplies, copiers, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Some local travel is required.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.