NetCentrics is looking for an experienced VMware Administrator to support our team in Columbus, GA. The VMware Administrator will be a key team member on this highly visible, critical program, and will be joining a team of highly respected technical professionals. The NetCentrics team is not your average team, and we are definitely not your average company. We do mission critical work, we value our people, and we demonstrate it every day. Come talk to us and learn more.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist in validating system resource requirements of new servers to be deployed as virtual machines in a VMware environment.
- Participate in physical to virtual migrations to include the planning, coordination, execution, and basic troubleshooting throughout the lifecycle of migration efforts.
- Coordinate the operation and maintenance of current and future ESXi servers and virtual machines in accordance with established processes.
- Troubleshoot application errors, operating system(s), server hardware, network communications and storage allocation issues within the VMware environment.
- Utilize diagnostic tools to trace and resolve technical problems.
- Monitor the health and performance of the VMware infrastructure and virtual machines.
- Assist with documentation and the use of revised/updated procedures, processes, and methods for the operations and maintenance of the VMware infrastructure.
- 2 years’ experience with VMware Administration in an enterprise environment.
- 2 years’ working with Servers and Networking concepts, process, and procedures.
- This is a Clearable Position
- Must earn IAT Level II Certification prior to starting work onsite
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Experience in the maintenance of vSphere ESXi and VMware Horizon
- Experience with VMware Horizon Desktop administration
- Experience with VMWare backup and recovery processes and procedures
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is required within 180 days of hire
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.