NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open to candidates who have a Top Secret Clearance, TS/SCI desired.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for daily administration of a complex Microsoft based enterprise server environment.
- Monitors network performance, troubleshoots more complex issues and deploys solutions.
- Use PowerShell and/or other scripting experience to automate routine tasks
- Take ownership over issues; take lead, manage, diffuse, and resolve
- Delivery of After Action Reports documenting production outages and detailing root cause analysis and action items to eliminate repeat occurrences
- Plans and implements upgrades, patches, and installation of systems/applications
- Participates in disaster recovery, security and backup and restore plan and policy
- May lead the evaluation of new technologies and perform analysis/feasibility studies
- Research and provide strategic direction on use of new products/technology including: servers, operating systems, systems management, backups, storage, and onboarding of new applications
- Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Understand emerging technologies and determine appropriate use and how that best plays to the overall organizational strategy
- Share knowledge/mentor other members of the team
- Implement best practices and establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Support the smooth transition of new applications, systems and initiatives into the production environment
- Work collaboratively with the customer and PM to ensure solutions meet customer requirements
- Strong experience/knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of enterprise IT services and technologies, including networking systems and protocols, directory services, configuration management
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Solid knowledge of standards, best practices and key performance metric reporting
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work autonomously and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Time management skills – must be self-motivated and able to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clearance: Top Secret is required, TS/SCI desired
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Certifications: ITIL Certified / Network +Certified / Microsoft Technical Certifications (MCSE) / 8570 compliant – IAT Level III (such as CISSP or CASP)
- Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive career advancement in IT Systems and Server Operations in relevant industry sectors managing multiple and complex IT Data Centers, Systems, and IT Infrastructures
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Experience with DoD environments and STIG requirements
- Knowledge and experience using monitoring tools such as Microsoft Service Center (SCOM, SCCM, Orchestrator) and EM7
- Prior experience in enterprise consolidation
- Working knowledge of Remedy
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.