NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
A team has been established to define an architecture, develop a roadmap, and implement an Operations Support System (OSS) for one of our government customers. The OSS is intended to facilitate and automate the Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning (OAM&P) activities for JSP using commercial best practices and industry technologies, standards, and frameworks. A single comprehensive system of integrated components, using a service-oriented architecture, is critical to the maturation of service delivery and operations across the enterprise. We are in search of a technical lead to further mature a system that measures, controls, orchestrates, and manages the service-enabling infrastructure and Enterprise Services through an integrated array of best-fit commercial off-the-shelf COTS solutions.
Specific duties include:
- Leads the planning and designing of an Operations Support System for a large enterprise environment.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Gathers and determines requirements needed from other departments and develops the solution to achieve business objectives.
- Researches, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support the integration of enterprise tool sets.
- Plans and designs the systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure task are clearly defined and effectively delegated
- Ensures the accuracy and effectiveness of the system meets the customers' requirements.
- Monitors the performance of systems and suggests improvements.
- Verifies and reviews system related documents/reports including installation procedures.
- Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests and maintains the system. Verifies and validates systems and meets internal and external requirements. Diagnoses problems and provides recommendations for improvement on existing and new systems.
- Strong experience/knowledge of Enterprise tool sets used for performance, fault, health, and capacity monitoring.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT services and technologies, including networking systems and protocols, directory services, configuration management
- Solid knowledge of standards, best practices and key performance metric reporting
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clearance: Top Secret is required, TS/SCI desired.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Certifications: ITIL Certified / Network +Certified / Microsoft Technical Certifications (MCSE) / 8570 compliant – IAT Level III (such as CISSP or CASP)
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 8 years of progressive career advancement in IT Systems and Server Operations in relevant industry sectors managing multiple and complex IT Data Centers, Systems, and IT Infrastructures
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Experience with DoD environments
- Knowledge and experience using monitoring tools such as SitScape, NetCool, SCCM, Splunk, Remedy, Atternity, and/or Infovista a plus.
- Coding/Scripting experience, specifically JSON desired
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM methodologies
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.