NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Service Desk Technician to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open to candidates who have an Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Specific Duties Include:
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to Mac and PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems via the assignment of trouble tickets.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by end users.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Accurately document and update all assigned trouble tickets.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Certifications: IAT Level III certifications
- Education/Years of Experience: College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Certifications from Microsoft, Comptia are a plus
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.