NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for performing Command and Control (C2) organizational messaging functions as well as individual messaging (e-mail) functions for DOD & non-DOD agencies.
- As a computer Operator/System Administrator on the Enhanced Communications Gateway System (ECGS), Automated Message Handling System (AMHS), Organizational Messaging System (OMS), Mail List Agent (MLA), and Message Conversion System (MCS/MDC/CDC), whose primary function is to maintain circuit availability, functionality, & integrity for message output to over 200 communication lines, ports, numerous terminal devices & peripheral equipment. Virtual support is also provided in the Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) using all systems.
- Evaluates network capacity and performance on a continuing basis to ensure network operations are maintained in a manner consistent with operational standards, which includes responsibility for investigating and resolving complex problems and conducting analyses and identifying solutions to issues that arise during shift operations.
- Ensures message delivery to customers via numerous disseminations: SMTP, Legacy to ECGS, and to an OMS address.
- Process locking & unlocking dedicated lines/ports to include managing line load control to ensure flow of traffic thru system, via the ECGS.
- Monitor exchange folders/queues & customer mailboxes for proper message deliveries via secured authenticated PKI-enabled WEB access
- Provides monitoring networking servers for power outages, network problems and work with customers or network administrators to restore network/provide alternate routing capabilities for customers’ message traffic.
- Respond to help desk calls and provide corrective action, as well as working all assigned Remedy tickets.
- Basic capability to pick up and learn unique software applications used with various systems in the facility (example: “VM-Ware”, KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) Virtual software, “Windows” applications are some of the products we use.
- Clearance: Top Secret Clearance Required
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Network+ and Security+ certification preferred.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.