NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to support our team in Washington D.C. This Position is only open to US Citizens with ability to get a Secret Clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Architect, deploy, document, and maintain integration between Splunk and external tools
- Maintain a list of system, application, and other changes and provide appropriate documentation.
- Build reports and dashboards within Splunk for INFOSEC and other departments
- Architect the generation, pulling, parsing, and directing of data from external sources into Splunk
- Monitor the health of data feeds ingested into Splunk
- Design and configure data alerting and summarization within Splunk
- Develop and maintain CIM deployment and integration within Splunk
- Provision and maintain segmented visibility in Splunk for appropriate stakeholders (system owners, etc)
- Be familiar with the concept of security tool orchestration and be willing and able to develop workflows for security tools for the purposes of integration
- Document Standard Operating Procedures when performing required duties.
- Develop other documentation as needed or requested.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- 3-5 years in development, deployment, or administration of Splunk Enterprise in Security and/or large commercial SIEMs (HP Arcsight, IBM QRadar, Intel Security Nitro, LogRhythm, etc)
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV (Cisco IDS, Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, McAfee, Symantec, FireEye)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with information technology professionals, and technical and non-technical users;
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET, PowerShell), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively
- Clearance: Position is open to US Citizens
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems Management) and minimum of three (3) years of relevant IT security related work experience
- Years of Experience: In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, proposed staff should have total of five (5) or more years of IT experience.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- CISSP certification preferred
- Ability to get a Secret Clearance
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.