NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to support our team in Fort Benning, GA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Under general direction, responsible for administration and day-to-day operation of organization's local area network (LAN)
- Supports maintenance and usage of digital and analog local area networks, area distribution nodes, main communication nodes, premise distribution systems, power systems, network shelters, and equipment rooms/closets
- Performs IP network management, network performance management and network security for both wired and wireless networks. Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Installs network software
- Troubleshoots network problems
- Establishes and implements network policies, procedures and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and Government objectives
- Provides integrated team support and maintenance of LAN hardware and software
- Maintains integrity of the LAN hardware and software
- Installs LAN software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
- Performs LAN security procedures, including implementing login requests
- Provides liaison support between the PC/LAN team, vendors and internal support group as needed
- Provide network and administrator engineering support for the Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), integrity and availability of network communications
- Install, configure, manage, support, troubleshoot and monitor devices related to network systems, to include Cisco Routers, Switches, and firewalls
- Ensure systems are patched and in compliance with all DoD regulations and STIGS
- Maintain legacy infrastructure while deploying replacement products
- Create and update network diagrams and device documentation
- Work with peers to ensure documentation and knowledge sharing is adequate and there is no single point of failure
- Administrator level knowledge of networking such as LANs, WANs, VPNs, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Experience with CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, General Dynamics GEM-X, Sienna Sitemanager, RTM SwitchExpert, Microsoft DHCP, and/or Unique Cairs
- Occasional driving of contract vehicles may be required
- Clearance: Must have active DoD Secret Clearance or be clearable to obtain DoD Secret Clearance prior to start date
- Education: Associate’s degree or 6 years additional experience in related IT field
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of relative experience
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (Security + or equivalent certification) or be willing to obtain certification prior to start date
- Must get CE certificate within 6 months of start date; Microsoft Technology Associate-IT Infrastructure
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications, and driving history
- DOD work experience is a plus
- Military experience is a plus
- CCNA or network specific certification
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.