NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Engineer to support our team in Ft. Meade, MD. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to get CI Poly.
Specific duties include:
- Provides daily operational checks, maintenance, replacement and outage support for users of the Defense Red Switch Network at either DISA or US Cyber Command.
- Eequirements using analysis of the network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN).
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application.
- Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with the ability to get CI Poly
- Education: BA/BS with at least 10 years of experience
- Years of Experience: 2 years - Defense Red Switch Network operational or technical experience
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.