NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Responsible for answering and transferring calls and contacting users to provide technical support status updates in a timely, courteous manner
- Escalates tickets to appropriate personnel, providing a detailed description of incidents to better help the various support sections (Hardware, Software, Networking, Graphics, and Telecom.) resolve the issue
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Clearance: Must have active DoD Secret Clearance or be clearable to obtain DoD Secret Clearance prior to start date
- Education: Associate’s degree in Computer Science or 3 years additional experience in related IT field
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (Security + or equivalent certification) or be willing to obtain certification prior to start date
- Must get CE certificate within 6 months of start date; Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate - Server Administration
- Years of Experience: 2 years of systems administration experience
- Occasional driving of contract vehicles may be required
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications, and driving history
- DOD work experience is a plus.
- Military experience is a plus.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.