NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, and well organized Facility Security Officer (FSO) with prior experience administering US Government facility and personnel security policies and procedures. The FSO will be part of the corporate headquarters team in Herndon, VA as a member of the NetCentrics Security Team. The FSO requires flexibility, independent judgment, and discretion in order to handle the identification, analysis, and resolution of security-related matters. Functions include processing of personnel security clearances, records maintenance, visit access requests, administering special access programs, administering of security awareness training, and maintaining compliance with DSS requirements in support of NetCentrics’ contracts/programs.
Specific duties include:
- Act as POC for all Security clearance inquires for employees and program staff
- Perform quality security file reviews of personnel security investigation actions and supporting documentation, file maintenance (including purging, imaging and archiving), data base entry, and quality control of investigations
- Process and maintain VARs for in-processing, transfers, out-processing employees as well as travel requests
- Maintain facility security and personnel security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements and NetCentrics policies and procedures
- Monitor clearance investigation status and initiate appropriate investigation and fingerprints checks for personnel (to include both initial, upgrades, and periodic re-investigations)
- Assist with initial briefing, annual refresher briefing, foreign travel briefing and debriefing of all new, and current employees
- Review security paperwork for accuracy and completion and submission of investigation requests
- Establish and maintain working relationship with contract security officers for processes and maintaining contractor staff security clearances and access
- Coordinate and communicate with program and task managers with regard to clearance status and requirements for specific contracts/personnel
- Research, document, and make recommendations to update and streamline security policies, processes, procedures and inspections
- Assist with preparing for and participating in DSS security reviews
- Familiar understanding of NISP security policies
- Proactive personality with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multitask, managing multiple areas of responsibility/simultaneous projects running in parallel
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Clearance: Active Top Secret security clearance
- Years of Experience: Minimum 3-5 years Facility Security Officer experience
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.