NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Junior Virtualization Support Technician to support our team at the Pentagon. This position is open only to candidates with an active Top Secret security clearance.
The Junior Virtualization Support Technician works in a fast-paced environment to support a large Government Agency Enterprise. The VDI Specialist would be involved in delivering and supporting a technical solution using VMware VDI technologies and requires someone with knowledge in setting up, configuring, deploying and support VDI throughout the enterprise.
Specific duties include:
- Defines the Windows desktop images standards, and configuration and provides support using standard supporting tools and technologies
- User experience monitoring, single sign on, Performance troubleshooting, Endpoint management on Zero Clients and View Horizon Client.
- Identifies issues proactively using a combination of Microsoft and VMware standard troubleshooting tools.
- Works in ticketing system to solve escalated issues.
- Contributes to knowledge base for troubleshooting and maintaining the environment.
- Contributes to on call escalation support 24x7 per team schedule.
- Performs scheduled night/weekend work as required due to environmental constraints and/or events.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Familiarity with Virtualization Infrastructure based on VMware vSphere and View technologies.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Good organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow up.
- Virtual Desktop Administration preferably using VMware Horizon View.
- Windows Desktop Administration Skills. Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call.
- Shift hours: Day Shift Monday through Friday
- Clearance: Must have an active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience: 2 years’ Relevant IT Experience
- Certifications: Must be 8570 IAT Level II compliant
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.