NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Desktop Support Technician to support our team in Crystal City, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Support and provide feedback to ensure continual process improvement
- Provide rapid support response for break/fix and requirement requests
- Coordinate and execute IT support for CONUS/OCONUS travel
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing system. Follow established Service Desk processes for ticket management
- Develop and maintain Knowledge Documents (Work Instructions) in accordance with Knowledge Management processes
- Provide Call Center Support using the Avaya Agent
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and associated diagnostic tools to perform remote diagnostics
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and vendors
- COMSEC/TACLANE configuration and troubleshooting familiarity preferred
- Mobile Device configuration and troubleshooting (Blackberry, DMCC, and DMUC devices)
- Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security + CE and MTA or equivalent upon hire
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification within 90 days of hire
- Years of Experience: 2 years of related experience, Bachelor’s with 0-2, or Masters with 0-2 years
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.