NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Help Desk Manager to support our team in Washington, DC. This position is open only to candidates who are clearable for the agency suitability clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Direct and coordinate the Service Desk team activities to efficiently respond to customer requests for technical service received via phone, email, voice mail, and fax.
- Create work schedules, update the front end voicemail when necessary, complete the daily attendance and shift handoff reports, and provide ideas for improvement in daily operations of the client Service Center.
- Provide subject matter expertise in all areas of Service Desk Delivery and knowledge sharing/training of all technical solutions and processes employed in the enterprise environment.
- Mentoring and direct supervision of approximately 30 Service Desk Technicians.
- Respond immediately to escalations, events, and customer requests.
- Monitor the Call Management System to ensure calls are being answered with speed.
- Retrieve voice mails received by the Service Center and convert to tickets.
- Establish email schedule to ensure requests via IT Service Center mailbox and/or faxes are being answered promptly and efficiently.
- Contribute to Hot Button Resolution Times and monitor team results in this area to assure the team consistently meets the Contract Service Level Metrics.
- Perform the duties of a technical expert on the shift.
- Instruct, correct, and train and mentor the Service Desk team in the proper performance of the standard operating procedures and professional customer interaction.
- Participate in daily reporting requirements to team and management as well as function as the team “GO-TO” for any operational questions and support.
- Ensure proper ticket escalation and hand off procedures are follow and first call resolution targets are achieved.
- Daily ticket auditing to ensure proper categorization of tickets and completion of notes and summaries.
- Analyze the team’s performance metrics to identify knowledge or process gaps and target areas for continuous improvement.
- Account for everyone on team daily. Validate hours worked. During absences ensure workload is re-distributed, tickets are re-assigned, pre-scheduled appointments are notified. Ensure proper staff at required locations.
- Ensure staff utilizes proper Login/Logout, and Aux codes during scheduled hours.
- Ensure admin tools, admin URLs, and SOPs are available at all times to support help desk technicians. Provide input to update SOPs as needed. Update GAL.
- Interact and coordinate with other leads, supervisors and managers as needed to resolve escalated issues. Be administratively and technically proficient.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all help desk high/critical Remedy tickets.
- Support the development of strategic helpdesk plans.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and support development of SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Conduct Brown Bag training sessions across all Service Desk and Desk Side Teams.
- Generate and merge data from multiple sources/organizations to provide reports to the government Board of Directors and to help with true-up initiatives to stay compliant with standards and practices across the Enterprise.
- Help develop and maintain Operational Level Agreements between contract staff/tasks and the government customer.
- Propose new technologies/applications to the government customer to further aid continuous improvement of processes and methodologies
- Previous team leadership experience in a Help Desk/Service Desk environment required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-started prepared to lead by example and mentor a team towards continuous improvement in productivity, reliability, technical knowledge, customer facing skills, and adherence to established standard operating procedures.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Remedy experience.
- Clearance: Must be clearable for FTC suitability (DoD Top Secret is honored in lieu of FTC Suitability)
- Certifications: IAT level II Required within 30 days of Hire
- Education / Years of Experience: Bachelor’s with 5 years of experience or 15 years of progressive IT experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.