NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced VTC Technician to support our team in Charlottesville, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance. A CI Polygraph maybe required as well.
Specific duties include:
- Performs video capturing and transfers video to a media streaming server.
- Performs troubleshooting of VTC and conference room equipment and executes repair or initiates trouble ticket to appropriate office for support of components and connections external to the site VTC system.
- Performs routine performance testing to ensure VTC and other conference room equipment, computer servers, and workstations operate at optimal performance and capacity.
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolations.
- Schedules AV/VTC sessions, maintains a call schedule and coordinates reservations and scheduling of AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive level users.
- Performs setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provides client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/ visual and VTC equipment.
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC Systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot systems failures and accessibility problems.
- Monitor system performance and track usage.
- Perform system security functions (including system security plans).
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
- Operate, schedule, facilitate, and maintain SBU and SECRET common- user VTC Studio; provide common-user VTC Studio: provide interface access for VTC and secure telephone equipment; provide design and installation advice and technical support.
- Operate and maintain a VTC Bridge (switch) within the common-user VTC suite to allow multiple sessions and multiple users per session
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance required
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience of specialized training and practical knowledge of VTC systems (Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, and others) operations. Current and continuous experience in the field of telecommunications and operations in large-scale voice, video teleconferencing, secure switching, transmission, and data networks is essential.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- Certifications: IAT Level II (Security +)
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.