NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced AV/VTC Technician to support our team at the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA. This position is nonexempt and available to candidates who are US Citizens and clearable for a Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain and operate a wide variety of VTC equipment to include cameras, microphones, audio and video playback, recording, and duplication devices.
- Provide AV support to conference rooms, prepare conference rooms for upcoming presentations, perform post-conference check for conference room, present customer supplied briefing materials using installed or customer furnished audio-visual equipment, display customer supplied briefings via PowerPoint, video tape, overhead viewgraphs, and audio tape.
- Conducts routine operational tests and fault isolation on AV/VTC systems and equipment.
- Reserve, schedule, and set up audio visual equipment as required.
- Coordinate requirements with customer and distant-end, using the appropriate software to update reservations database.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance; Must be a United States Citizen
- Education: High school diploma
- Years of Experience: 3 years of experience as a Helpdesk Specialist
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
- InfoComm Basic
- AV (InfoComm) – Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- AV (InfoComm) – CTS-I (AV System Installation Specialization)
- AV (Q-Sys) – Level 1 and Level 2 certification
- Possess a DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.