NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Splunk Engineer to support our team in Arlington, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Serve as Splunk subject matter expert, responsible for engineering and maintenance of multiple clustered instances
- Provide implementation of technology that supports network defense, vulnerability management, and incident response based on our client’s unique mission needs.
- Implement and maintain security stack components, such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM, and host-based security systems.
- Mature the existing Splunk instances to support robust incident detection and insider threat programs
- Build system configuration baselines that leverage the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) for both Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Engineer event log correlation solutions to support effective customer response to security incidents.
- Conduct incident response actions based on detected events and incidents
- Research and analysis of new security products for technology insertion
- Validate and develop cybersecurity requirements
- Develop cybersecurity engineering solutions for various aspects of security
- Work with stakeholders in functional and technical areas in support of engineering tasks
- Extensive experience building and maintaining Splunk instances in a DoD/IC specific environment
- Experience using Splunk or other SIEM to correlate events and identify possible security events and incidents; must then be able to track down root cause of these events and work with CIRT team to conduct incident response actions
- Technical proficiency in both *NIX and Windows system administration and configuration.
- Technical proficiency in networking technologies and principles; routing, switching, subnetting
- Familiarity with deployments to and implementation of security functions in virtualized environments (VMware & Hyper-V)
- Familiarity with Windows, *NIX, and applications logs, such as database and web server logs
- Experience integrating, configuring, and operating the following: Tenable Nessus (ACAS), McAfee ePO (HBSS), next generation firewalls (NGFW) such as Palo Alto Networks, Network IDS/IPS such as Sourcefire
- Experience implementing and auditing DISA STIG hardening configurations
- Advanced level understanding of Load Balancing using the F5 BigIP suite of toolsets, Specifically with, LTM, and GTM modules
- Experience developing infrastructure to support highly available web applications
- Advanced level understanding of Network Engineering and security considerations as they apply to load balancing and constrained delegation functionality
- Preferred experience working with the F5 virtual appliance, vs. a physical deployment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
- Years of Experience: Candidate must have at least five (5) years of cybersecurity experience, ten (10) years of IT experience, and be able to demonstrate solid knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices, as well as an advanced understanding of various technologies
- Clearance: Active Secret Clearance Required
- Education: At a minimum, the candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in an IT-related, math, or scientific program; will consider equivalent professional experience and certifications in lieu of degree
- Certifications: at least IAT Level II Certification required (Security +)
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.